Monday, January 18, 2010

Can We Talk? Please!


In a class of 40-something, it can be hard to be heard. Not everyone is comfortable speaking up in such a large setting. Sometimes there just isn't time to hear from everyone. I want to hear from you regardless....

If something confuses you.
If you have an interesting comment, idea or build on something said in class.
If you read about or had an experience that illustrates a concept we're discussing
If you have a complaint
If you have a question


If you comment here, I will see it and so will everyone else. Feel free to comment on comments. Let's talk.

3 comments:

  1. I just finished grading the first cases, and I very impressed with your writing, analysis and grasp of concepts. There were 6 students who did not complete the assignment, hoping this is your 'bye' week and not just an oversight? Most students got full credit.

    Many students omitted footnotes or did not use outside sources, which resulted in a lower grade. Another mistake was to forget to incorporate concepts from the book and class into your analysis.

    Thanks for making my evening of grading a pleasant one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to pose a marketing-related question to the class, just to get a few ideas:

    I work at the Huddle, and last night I noticed an interesting trend--we sold more Peace Teas than almost anything else. I became really curious as to what was making these so popular. I came up with a few ideas that might be attractive to ND students:

    Price (99 cents)
    Colorful can
    Advocating "peace"
    100% natural, no artificial flavors
    Taste
    Newer item at the Huddle

    What do you think? is it a combination of these things, maybe some other factors that I didn't think about? I'm really curious to hear some other opinions.

    ~Emily Cook

    p.s. If you haven't tried this tea, you should because it's delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, I love that you are looking at Peace Teas like a marketer! Perhaps you could ask people who buy what attracted the to the tea and report back to us? I suspect it is a combination of those things, plus some other more subtle things that may be hard to talk about, like the fact that it is a unique brand (not a major corporation) and is available at Notre Dame! I will look for the tea, sounds delicious.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete